In the Name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful.
2) I swear by the Quran full of wisdom;
3) Most surely you are one of the apostles,
4) On a right way.
5) A revelation of the Mighty, the Merciful.
6) That you may warn people whose fathers were not warned, so they are heedless.
7) Certainly the word has proved true of most of them, so they do not believe.
8) Surely We have placed chains on their necks, and these reach p to their chins, so they have their head raised aloft.
9) And We have made before them a barrier and a barrier behind them, then We have covered them over so that they do not see.
10) And it is alike to them whether you warn them or warn them not: they do not believe.
11) You can warn him who follows the reminder and fears Beneficent God in secret; so announce to him forgiveness and an honourable reward.
12) Surely We give life to the dead, and We wrote down what they have sent before and their footprints, and We have recorded everything in a clear writing.
13) And set out to them an example of the people of the town when the messengers came to it.
14) When We sent to them two, they rejected both of them, then we strengthened (them) with a third, so they said: Surely we are messengers to you.
15) They said: You are naught but mortals like ourselves, nor has the Beneficent God revealed anything: you only lie.
16) They said: Our Lord knows that we are most surely messengers to you.
17) And nothing devolves on us but a clear deliverance (of the message).
18) They said: Surely we augur evil from you; if you do not desist we will certainly stone you, and there shall certainly afflict you a painful chastisement from us.
19) They said: Your evil fortune is with you; what! if you are reminded! Nay, you are an extravagant people.
20) And from the remote part of the city there came a man running; he said: O my people! follow the messengers;
21) Follow him who does not ask you for reward, and they are the followers of the right course;
22) And what reason have I that I should not serve Him Who bought me into existence? And to him you shall be bought back;
23) What! shall I take besides Him gods whose intercession, if the Beneficent God should desire to afflict me with a harm, shall not avail me aught, nor shall they be able to deliver me?
24) In that case I shall surely be in clear error:
25) Surely I believe in your Lord therefore hear me.
26) It was said: Enter the garden. He said: O would that my people had known
27) Of that on account of which my Lord has forgiven me of the honoured ones!
28) And We did not send down upon his people after him any hosts from Heaven, nor do we ever send down.
29) It was naught but a single cry, and lo! they were still.
30) Alas for the servants! there comes not to them an apostle but they mock at him.
31) Do they not consider how many of the generations We have destroyed before them, because they do not turn to them?
32) And all of them shall be bought before us.
33) And a sign to them is the dead earth: We give life to it and bring forth from it grain so they eat of it.
34) And We make therein gardens of palms and grapevines, and We make springs to flow forth in it,
35) That they may eat of the fruit thereof, and their hands did not make it; will they not then be grateful?
36) Glory be to him who created pairs of all things, of what the earth grows, and of their kind and of what they do not know.
37) And a sign to them is the night: We draw forth from it day, then lo! they are in the dark;
38) And the sun runs onto a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.
39) And (as for) the moon, We have ordained for it stages till it becomes again as an old dry palm branch.
40) Neither is it allowable to the sun that it should overtake the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day; and all float on in a sphere.
41) And a sign to them is that We bear their offspring in the laden ship.
42) And We have created for them the like of it, what they will ride on.
43) And if we please, We can drown them, then there shall be no succorer for them, nor shall they be rescued.
44) But (by) mercy from Us and for enjoyment till a time.
45) And when it is said to them: Guard against what is before you, that mercy may be had on you.
46) And there comes to them not a communication of the communications of their Lord but they turn aside from it.
47) And when it is said to them: Spend out of what Allah has given you, those who disbelieve say to those who believe: Shall we feed him whom, if Allah please, He could feed? You are naught but in clear error.
48) And they say: When will this threat come to pass, if you are truthful?
49) They wait not for aught but a single cry which will overtake them while they yet contend with one another.
50) So they shall not be able to make a bequest, nor shall they return to their families.
51) And the trumpet shall be blown, when lo! from their graves they shall hasten on to their Lord.